Sunday, March 9, 2014

Economy

Our lives here on the planet, sadly, revolve greatly around the concept of economy. What is an economy? It is an intricate system which shows a country's, state's, county's, or city's monetary stability, power, and influence. In our lives, the economy plays a great role because we need money to make our dreams come true. For example, my dream is to buy an old, wrecked Porsche 911 and restore it top to bottom in pristine condition and use it as my weekend car. However sweet that sounds, there is the economic situation of my family that my dream relies on. My father owns a business; if the economy is down, his profits are down. Also, my mother works at a school. If for any reason the economy takes a tumble again, the school would have to make cuts - one of them could be my mom. These situations also have their flips sides; when the economy is booming, my dad's business is flourishing and my mother has a chance at getting a raise. The economy has its ups and downs, but we have to never forget how blessed we are. The computers we are typing on, the homes we reside in, and the schools we go to are merely foreseen by us but are unimaginable assets for kids elsewhere. The economic situations we are accustomed to would be a dream come true for others. From buying water at a vending machine to buying a new car, the economy plays a huge role in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment