Sunday, March 30, 2014

Baggage

Nowadays teenagers' most prized possessions would be their smartphone, laptop, and TV. As a teenager myself, I consider that to be partially true. However, I can more than comfortably give up my phone and my TV. I would be able to give up my phone because it has caused more distractions and annoyances than productivity in my life. It is enjoyable to use as it has the power to do anything instantaneously, however its immense powers lead it to become the main path to procrastination. As for my TV; it would be rather easy to give it away because I often end up staying up late at nights watching episode after episode of TV shows that will never get me anywhere in life. Instead of reading a book, I spend countless hours hooked to shows i could live without. The one object in my life that I would not want to live without is my laptop. My laptop is the gateway to infinite possibilities and will be superbly useful to me in the future. My laptop is where I print my documents, read the news, and, most importantly, learn. If I do not understand a math assignment, I browse the internet with my laptop to find a tutorial on that specific lesson. If presented with the opportunity to leave the past behind and move on to a new destination with a fresh horizon of challenges, I would be content with a bag full of clothes and other simple necessities and my laptop.

11 comments:

  1. Giving up television and the phone sounds like the plan. Without these devices, countless hours will be saved for studying, reading, enjoying music, and many other productive activities. However, there is always the danger of watching episodes after episodes of TV shows on the laptop. A little bit of self-restraint can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nareg did an excellent job on his blog post. It is unfortunate to state the mere fact that today's society is hooked to all of the electronic devices and advancements. We carry around unnecessary baggage that bring about stress and anxiety. Letting go may be the solution to this problem. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nareg and I have strongly opposing views. If I were to be put under a scenario such as this, I would not give away items that interest me and captivate my time. These little things make life fun. Why is it that one can only be productive when doing homework, as you claimed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does one need? What is a necessity? Is life about survival? Is life about luxury? Does one need this? Does one need that? Should one's addiction be cut off? Should one give up what they do not need to survive yet feel is necessary? Nareg successfully answers these interesting and important questions, but he does so with an opinion in contrast to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nareg has presented a valid point. Indeed, television and cell phones take up an extensive amount of our time, that could be spent on doing productive activities. Personally, this would be impossible for me, because of the need to unwind and not only focus on productivity. However, too much of any activity it not healthy and people should experience both sides of the spectrum, in moderation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nareg surprisingly states that he would give up his cellphone and television. It is definitely true that both items have been the cause of procrastination, but at the same time so is the laptop, which is an item Nareg cannot live without. The laptop allows people to do the exact same as does the TV and phone combined. People nowadays watch their shows on their laptops and visit social media sites, in the place of their cellphones. Although the laptop has its negative sides, it can also be beneficial for certain tasks, such as doing homework. Nice work, Nareg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nareg gave a fantastic explanation of the items that have a real value in his life such as his laptop. This could be useful only if one uses it for the correct use and not only as a distraction. As for cellphones and television, they are to be considered part of the distractions that wast time in many people's lives. Nareg's thoughts and points were agreeable because they were similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I do not agree with the items Nareg is able to give up, but I do see why he has these opinions. Many of our most used items, can be considered a distraction, but in my eyes, these items help to keep me connected, informed, and entertained. without my phone, I really do not know how long I could stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Nareg has probably stricken half the teenage population with a dumbfounded sense of shock. He definitely is the opposite of the "usual" technology obsessed teen. Although, I truly understand the point he makes when stating what ginormous distractions cell phones can be; they surely lead to procrastination. Super blog post, Bouldouk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could not agree more on Nareg's opinions about modern day technology. My phone causes more problems than pleasure. Through constant distraction of my phone, I lose touch with reality and all its components. I wallow in the procrastination that occurs everyday because of this hand held device, so if someone were to take it away from my possession I would be more than relieved. It would be liberating to not be dependent on the technology that has taken over people's lives. Great job Nareg!

    ReplyDelete